The Society of Collision Repair Specialists has scheduled the virtual Repairer Driven Education series, confirming that the headliner OEM Collision Repair Technology Summit will return for the 2020 Repairer Driven Education, although this line-up has yet to be released.
SCRS will charge $75 per class, with the exception of a free session explaining the Blueprint Optimisation Tool and Database Enhancement Gateway, and $150 for the OEM Summit. An auto body shop can also purchase a full-series pass for $375 and obtain infinite access to the summit regular RDE courses.
The virtual Repairer Driven Education format offers auto body professionals some advantages. Obviously, there’s no need to spend money on travel and accommodation, and repairers won’t be forced to choose just one course per time slot – just watch them all, whenever you want. The classes will be available for infinite on-demand replays until 31 August 2021. SCRS pointed out that a shop could screen them in the break room. In that vein, a single virtual ticket allows any of a facility’s employees to watch the course. The shop wouldn’t need to buy separate passes for each staffer as they would with a physical show or rely a single student’s ability to recap the session to co-workers not in attendance.
“The 2020 program will have some differences from the past 10 years at the SEMA Show, but will continue to build upon attendee feedback,” according to SCRS. “The focus remains connecting collision repair businesses with the nation’s leading subject matter experts on topics relevant to today’s marketplace challenges. Attendees can expect the same unique content they would have in classroom settings, now delivered to the convenience of their own facility.”
Here is a summary of the 2020 Repairer Driven Education courses.
- Estimating Resources for Collision Repairers: Integrating the BOT and DEG into your repair plan process.
- Why ignoring quality control will cost you profits and sales.
- Material Planning: How to use the best materials and increase your profit.
- Leveraging your OEM certifications.
- The Modern Customer Journey.
- Scanning and Diagnostics: Get educated, be prepared and get paid.
- Marketing in 2020: Will people find you, and what will they see?
- Comprehensive training in glue pull repair – advanced session.
- Industry Disruption: Vehicles, technology and market pressure that will disrupt your business and what to do about it.
- Order of Importance: Car, client and then the shop – and why.
- Beyond the Scan: Interpreting component level data.
- Tech Recruiting and Development – Cracking the code.
- The art and science of seam sealer duplication.
- Litigating and winning short pay claims.
- The Real Deal: Performing calibrations the OEM way.
- Overcoming insurer objections to payment for needed repair procedures.
- The Millennial Generation: What you don’t know Can hurt you.
For more information, visit: https://rde.scrs.com/courses.